[R-sig-ME] ONLINE COURSE – Introduction To Mixed Models Using R And Rstudio (IMMR06)

Oliver Hooker o||verhooker @end|ng |rom pr@t@t|@t|c@@com
Fri May 6 13:15:49 CEST 2022

ONLINE COURSE – Introduction To Mixed Models Using R And Rstudio (IMMR06)
This course will be delivered live

https://www.prstatistics.com/course/introduction-to-mixed-models-using-r-and-rstudio-immr06/

Please feel free to share!

ABOUT THIS COURSE

In this two day course, we provide a comprehensive practical and
theoretical introduction to multilevel models, also known as hierarchical
or mixed effects models. We will focus primarily on multilevel linear
models, but also cover multilevel generalized linear models. Likewise, we
will also describe Bayesian approaches to multilevel modelling. On Day 1,
we will begin by focusing on random effects multilevel models. These models
make it clear how multilevel models are in fact models of models. In
addition, random effects models serve as a solid basis for understanding
mixed effects, i.e. fixed and random effects, models. In this coverage of
random effects, we will also cover the important concepts of statistical
shrinkage in the estimation of effects, as well as intraclass correlation.
We then proceed to cover linear mixed effects models, particularly focusing
on varying intercept and/or varying slopes regresssion models. On Day 2, we
cover further aspects of linear mixed effects models, including multilevel
models for nested and crossed data data, and group level predictor
variables. On Day 2, we also cover Bayesian approaches to multilevel levels
using the brms R package.

Please email oliverhooker using prstatistics.com.

--

Oliver Hooker PhD.
PR statistics