[R-sig-ME] lmer formula

Andras Farkas motyoc@k@ @end|ng |rom y@hoo@com
Sat Apr 9 21:11:03 CEST 2022

Hello,

could you please provide input on the following formula (please ignore the widely known example of the sleepstudy data and its analysis for a moment and assume we have this formula here) :

 m1 <- lmer(Reaction ~ ((A1*Days)/(B2*C1)) + (1 | Subject), sleepstudy)

this simple example - similar to my actual real life model of greeter complexity - what I would try to do is to estimate fixed effects for "Days" and "C1", but not for "A1"
and "B2". In this hypothetical example A1, B2, AND C1 all have a column with values in the data sleepstudy, but instead of estimating a coefficient for A1 and B2 we would just use the actual values of them as they appear in the spreadsheet in the calculations.

hope I am not way off with my question, but could you please advise as to how the model formula would need to be written in this case?

much appreciate the help,

thanks,

Andras