[R-sig-ME] Error message

Thu Mar 3 17:23:09 CET 2022

   This is a bug that was recently noted (and fixed in the development
version) here:

https://github.com/lme4/lme4/issues/664

   Running this code snippet

assign('reformulate', envir = topenv(),
                function(..., env = parent.env) {
                    f <- base::reformulate(...)
                    environment(f) <- env
                    return(f)
                })

might fix the problem.  If not, if you have development tools (compiler
etc.; Rtools) installed, you can do remotes::install_github("lme4/lme4")
to install the development version.

   If none of that works, let us know.

  (What version of R are you using?  I suspect it's relatively old (<
3.6.0).  If so, if you can update your version of R that might make your
life easier in a variety of ways, as well as fixing this particular
problem.)

   cheers
    Ben Bolker

On 3/3/22 4:29 AM, Kate Hwang wrote:
> Hi
> I am getting the following error message and I do not know how to fix it.
> Error in reformulate(paste0("(", vapply(findbars(f), deparse1, ""), ")"),
>   :
>    unused argument (env = environment(f))
>
> Could you please help? Thank you so much for your help in advance and I
> look forward to hearing from you!
>
> Best wishes
> Kate
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Dr. Benjamin Bolker
Professor, Mathematics & Statistics and Biology, McMaster University
Director, School of Computational Science and Engineering
(Acting) Graduate chair, Mathematics & Statistics