[R-sig-ME] measuring carry-over effects in mixed models

Phillip Alday me @end|ng |rom ph||||p@|d@y@com
Wed Mar 2 06:12:50 CET 2022

Depending on the exact nature of the carryover effect, the usual
suspects would be:

1. using an autoregressive model of some type
2. including lead/lag predictors in your model, e.g.
	lmer(y ~ time*group*prev_time + [covariates] + (1 | student))

But note that the initial timepoint doesn't have a prev_time and so
there is a missing value there.

Phillip