[R-sig-ME] Nested model variance/parameter value

N o s t a l g i a kenj|ro @end|ng |rom @ho|n@@c@jp
Mon Dec 13 07:38:22 CET 2021

Karl,

Thanks for pointing out my mistakes. Yes,I should have chosen model1
with the least AIC among the three, and I should not have compared the
three with different dataset to start with.

I went back the original dataset and deleted all the cases that
includes NAs manually (somehow "na.action = na.exclude, data = third2"
did not work). Now anova() works fine, and the best model turned out
to be (anova-wise as well asa AIC-wise) the one with only ID as the
random variable. Everything seems fine -- except that the variace for
intv remained zero in the model that incorporates both intv and ID as
a random variable.  This probably I need to accept as it is: there is
absolutely no interviewer effect.

Thanks again,

- Ken