[R-sig-ME] p-correction for effects in LMM

Victoria Pattison-Willits v|ctor|@@w||||t@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Nov 30 16:40:32 CET 2021

Hi there
Thank you to the OP for sharing this question and I am following this
thread as I was wondering which CIs were the best to go with for mixed
models - I have been calculating three different types (Wald, Boot and
Profile) and was not really sure for mixed models (in my case v similar an
lmer with a nested random effect crossed with a second random effect and 8
fixed effects (no interactive terms)). I have been on a massive learning
curve and so still a little hazy how the t approaches differ in their calc
of  the CIs - I have been reporting the bootstrap CIs in my project
although there was only a very small difference when plotted for all 3
across all my fixed effects. Just want to check in light of this question
this is the correct approach!

One also quick q related to OQ - how do you determine the number of CORES
if I wanted to include that code - does it depend on processing speeds etc?

Cheers and this is my first question and I still am a relative novice so
thanks in advance for patience with probably very simple questions! :)

Vicki PW