[R-sig-ME] Identifying link functions for gamma glmm

Tahsin Ferdous t@h@|n|erdou@uo|c @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Nov 19 21:38:14 CET 2021

I am running a generalized linear mixed model with a gamma family. How can
I understand which link function I should use (log link, identity link, or
inverse link)? I tried to plot observed vs fitted values plots. But they
look similar? Should I look at AIC? If I fit a gamma glm, should I also
look at AIC to know which link function I should use in my model?

If I fit gamma GEE . should I look at QIC for choosing the appropriate
model with link function?