[R-sig-ME] zero variance and standard deviation in random effects

Tahsin Ferdous t@h@|n|erdou@uo|c @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Nov 2 14:57:19 CET 2021

Thanks a lot. My model is a random intercept model. But from the "coef(m2)"
command, I have found the following results:

Prov      Intercept
 AB.       0.07346574
 MB.      0.07346574
 SK.       0.07346574

That means intercepts are identical for all three provinces. In this model,
Prov is the random effect that has three-level (AB, MB and SK). In this
case, what should I do? If I remove province, the model will not be then
mixed model. But my data is repeated measures. I have also attached the
plot by running the command ( performance::check_model()).