[R-sig-ME] Introduction to mixed models using R and Rstudio (IMMR05)

Oliver Hooker o||verhooker @end|ng |rom pr@t@t|@t|c@@com
Thu Sep 30 15:45:52 CEST 2021

ONLINE COURSE – Introduction to mixed models using R and Rstudio (IMMR05)

https://www.prstatistics.com/course/introduction-to-mixed-models-using-r-and-rstudio-immr05/

This course will be delivered live but will also have all sessions recorded
allowing you to take the course in your own time should you choose.

Course Overview:
In this two day course, we provide a comprehensive practical and
theoretical introduction to multilevel models, also known as hierarchical
or mixed effects models. We will focus primarily on multilevel linear
models, but also cover multilevel generalized linear models. Likewise, we
will also describe Bayesian approaches to multilevel modelling. On Day 1,
we will begin by focusing on random effects multilevel models. These models
make it clear how multilevel models are in fact models of models. In
addition, random effects models serve as a solid basis for understanding
mixed effects, i.e. fixed and random effects, models. In this coverage of
random effects, we will also cover the important concepts of statistical
shrinkage in the estimation of effects, as well as intraclass correlation.
We then proceed to cover linear mixed effects models, particularly focusing
on varying intercept and/or varying slopes regresssion models. On Day 2, we
cover further aspects of linear mixed effects models, including multilevel
models for nested and crossed data data, and group level predictor
variables. On Day 2, we also cover Bayesian approaches to multilevel levels
using the brms R package.

THIS IS ONE COURSE IN OUR R SERIES – LOOK OUT FOR COURSES WITH THE SAME
COURSE IMAGE TO FIND MORE IN THIS SERIES

Email oliverhooker using prstatistics.com with any questions

--
Oliver Hooker PhD.
PR statistics

Species Distribution Modeling using R

21 September 2021 - 30 September

Introduction to eco-phylogenetics and comparative analyses using R 22
September 2021 - 28 September 2021

Multivariate analysis of ecological communities in R with the VEGAN package

4 October 2021 - 8 October

Introduction to Data Wrangling and Data Visualization using R

4 October 2021 - 8 October 2021

Introduction to Bayesian modelling with INLA

4 October 2021 - 8 October 2021

 Landscape genetic data analysis using R

18 October 2021 - 27 October 2021

FREE 1 DAY INTRO TO R AND R STUDIO

 Introduction to generalised linear models using R and Rstudio

3 November 2021 - 4 November 2021

 Introduction to mixed models using R and Rstudio

10 November 2021 - 11 November 2021

 Introduction to Machine Learning and Deep Learning using R

17 November 2021 - 18 November 2021

Model selection and model simplification

24 November 2021 - 25 November 2021

 Species distribution modelling with Bayesian statistics in R

6 December 2021 - 10 December 2021