[R-sig-ME] Help with interpreting one fixed-effect coefficient

Juho Kristian Ruohonen juho@kr|@t|@n@ruohonen @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Sep 26 06:59:55 CEST 2021

Fellow student commenting here...

As you suggest, schgendgirl-only can only ever apply to female students.
Strictly speaking, it's the estimated mean difference between a student of
any sex in a girls-only school and a similar student in a mixed school. But
since such comparisons are only observed between girls, the estimate is
necessarily informed by girl data only. So your intended interpretation of
the coefficient is correct.