[R-sig-ME] Looking for help to test the effect of a grouping factor in repeated measures

Thierry Onkelinx th|erry@onke||nx @end|ng |rom |nbo@be
Thu Sep 9 16:19:38 CEST 2021

Dear Lea,

Please note that you want the binomial distribution. Not the binomial
_error_ distribution.

A model like y ~ treatment * species + (1|date) could make sense if you can
assume that the date could have a common effect on the results. E.g. the
observer being more awake on some days ;-) Use the actual date as a factor
instead of the number of days since the start of the experiment. That is
safer than using the number of days since the start.
If you assume no date effect, then there could be only temporal
autocorrelation within the species. As the strength of the autocorrelation
could be different among species, you could consider fitting a separate
model for every species.

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Statisticus / Statistician

Vlaamse Overheid / Government of Flanders
INSTITUUT VOOR NATUUR- EN BOSONDERZOEK / RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR NATURE AND
FOREST
Team Biometrie & Kwaliteitszorg / Team Biometrics & Quality Assurance
thierry.onkelinx using inbo.be
Havenlaan 88 bus 73, 1000 Brussel
www.inbo.be

~ John Tukey