[R-sig-ME] Problem installing glmmTMB

Wed Jul 14 18:34:27 CEST 2021

   Yes.  A few comments:

1.

remotes::install_github("glmmTMB/glmmTMB/glmmTMB")

is a little bit better (the 'remotes' package has fewer dependencies,
and this version uses plain quotes rather than "fancy" quotes (“”) which
are likely to confuse R.

2. glmmTMB has been *temporarily* removed from CRAN, which would explain
why you can't install it even for the latest version of R - we've
submitted a new version and hope it will be restored soon (fingers
crossed), although it will take a few more days for the Windows & MacOS
binaries to be restored even if it gets back today

3. In order to install from source you will need to have development
tools (compilers etc.) installed. We might be able to provide binaries
(see http://glmmtmb.github.io/glmmTMB/ ), but almost certainly not for
older versions of R ...

   cheers
    Ben Bolker

On 7/14/21 11:41 AM, Victor Oribamise wrote:
> You can install using devtools
>
> devtools::install_github(“glmmTMB/glmmTMB/glmmTMB”)
>
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 11:39 AM Ebhodaghe Faith <ebhodaghefaith using gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I have made several attempts to install the glmmTMB package in R, but keep
>> getting the response 'glmmTMB is not available (for R version 3.3.2)'. I
>> tried using other versions of R (3.5.2, 3.5.3, & 4.1.0) but without
>> success. Could someone please kindly help diagnose the cause?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Faith
>>
>>          [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Dr. Benjamin Bolker
Professor, Mathematics & Statistics and Biology, McMaster University
Director, School of Computational Science and Engineering
Graduate chair, Mathematics & Statistics