[R-sig-ME] Time-dependent Negative binomial regression

Thierry Onkelinx th|erry@onke||nx @end|ng |rom |nbo@be
Thu Jul 8 11:06:12 CEST 2021

Dear Amir,

Have a look at the lme4, glmmTMB or INLA packages. Note that if you need on
the fly transformations in the model you need to code them as
I(log(person.time)) instead of log(person.time). Personally, I prefer to
create a new variable in the data.frame and use that new variable in the
model.

Another thing is that you shouldn't use gender and baseline.age as random
effects. Either don't use them (as their effect is handled by the id random
effect) or add them as fixed effects.

library(lme4)
glmer.nb(event ~ offset(log_time) + treatment + gender + baseline.age +
(1|id), data = df)

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Statisticus / Statistician

Vlaamse Overheid / Government of Flanders
INSTITUUT VOOR NATUUR- EN BOSONDERZOEK / RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR NATURE AND
FOREST
Team Biometrie & Kwaliteitszorg / Team Biometrics & Quality Assurance
thierry.onkelinx using inbo.be
Havenlaan 88 bus 73, 1000 Brussel
www.inbo.be

~ John Tukey