[R-sig-ME] Relationship between mixed-effects models and fixed-effects models

James Pustejovsky jepu@to @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jun 7 21:25:38 CEST 2021

I agree with Daneil's comments. Raudenbush has a very deep article on
generalizations of the de-meaning strategy:

Raudenbush, S. W. (2009). Adaptive centering with random effects: An
alternative to the fixed effects model for studying time-varying treatments
in school settings. *Education Finance and Policy*, *4*(4), 468-491.
https://cpb-us-w2.wpmucdn.com/voices.uchicago.edu/dist/6/1063/files/2018/11/AdaptiveCenterRandom-2009-educfinapoli.4.4.468.R-106edfh.pdf