[R-sig-ME] Interaction between random and fixed effects

Thierry Onkelinx th|erry@onke||nx @end|ng |rom |nbo@be
Mon May 31 21:10:13 CEST 2021

Dear Vinicius,

What did you ran the interaction as a fixed effect Year:Local or a
random effect (1|Year:Local)?  How did you code Local: as a unique value
for every Local and Year combinations? Please do share output or a minimal
example so we know exactly what you did. I'm still a novice at mind reading.

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Statisticus / Statistician

Vlaamse Overheid / Government of Flanders
INSTITUUT VOOR NATUUR- EN BOSONDERZOEK / RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR NATURE AND
FOREST
Team Biometrie & Kwaliteitszorg / Team Biometrics & Quality Assurance
thierry.onkelinx using inbo.be
Havenlaan 88 bus 73, 1000 Brussel
www.inbo.be

~ John Tukey