[R-sig-ME] Question about random effects variance in lme4

Phillip Alday me @end|ng |rom ph||||p@|d@y@com
Tue May 4 16:44:01 CEST 2021

The same functionality in MixedModels.jl might be easier to understand,
especially with the math included in the docstring:

https://github.com/JuliaStats/MixedModels.jl/blob/628cbf31aac13f26dee4d2e2c50a0e459508d880/src/linearmixedmodel.jl#L269-L297

There is also an update in progress to allow it to work on more
complicated random effects:

https://github.com/JuliaStats/MixedModels.jl/pull/492/files

Phillip