[R-sig-ME] glmer and influence.me - complaining about nAGQ==0

John Fox j|ox @end|ng |rom mcm@@ter@c@
Sat Apr 24 21:52:43 CEST 2021

Dear Catia,

I believe I understand what's going on: influence.merMod() works by
updating the model -- it calls update() -- using the parameter estimates
for the fit to the full data as start-values. The idea is to decrease
the computation necessary for each re-fit.

It probably would have been better if I had made this an option, with
using the start-values as the default, but perhaps there's a work-around:

You may be able to fit your model without specifying nACQ by instead
specifying the estimates that you obtained as start-values. Then glmer()
may converge quickly. If it doesn't, that would, I suppose, indicate
some sort of ill-conditioning.

Ben might well have something to add.

I hope this helps,
  John

John Fox, Professor Emeritus
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
web: https://socialsciences.mcmaster.ca/jfox/

On 2021-04-24 2:29 p.m., Cátia Ferreira De Oliveira via