[R-sig-ME] Binomial glmer(): appropriateness of link and influential points

Hedyeh Ahmadi hedyeh@h @end|ng |rom u@c@edu
Thu Apr 22 17:12:17 CEST 2021

Hello all,
I have two questions regarding GLMM with binomial/logit link. Here are some information about my model/data before I ask my questions:

  *   My outcome is 0/1.
  *   I have continuous and categorical predictor.
  *   My data has 19000 rows with 2 observations per subject.
  *   My model only has one random intercept for each subject.
  *   I am using glmer() command in R.

My questions are as follows and any sample R code would be appreciated:

  1.  What's the best way to evaluate the appropriateness of my link function?
  2.  What's the best way to find influential points? Can I still use Cook's distance?
     *   If yes, with what package?
     *   What would be the rule of thumb for glmer() with binomial link for Cook's distance?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Best,

Hedyeh Ahmadi, Ph.D.
Applied Statistician
Keck School of Medicine
Department of Preventive Medicine
University of Southern California

Postdoctoral Scholar
Institute for Interdisciplinary Salivary Bioscience Research (IISBR)
University of California, Irvine

LinkedIn
www.linkedin.com/in/hedyeh-ahmadi<http://www.linkedin.com/in/hedyeh-ahmadi>
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/hedyeh-ahmadi><http://www.linkedin.com/in/hedyeh-ahmadi>