[R-sig-ME] Likelihood function of lme4

Tue Apr 20 18:02:34 CEST 2021

   OK.  You should make sure to check that lme4 and frontier are
computing *commensurate* log-likelihoods (e.g. that the normalization
constants are consistently included in both packages); if possible (it
isn't always), it's good to try to fit *identical* models in both
package to make sure they give the same log-likelihoods. (You can't fit
an lmer model without a random effect, but you can re-evaluate its
likelihood with the RE variances set to zero.)