[R-sig-ME] Confidence interval around random effect variances in place of p-value

Jack Solomon kj@j@o|omon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Apr 3 01:37:17 CEST 2021

Thanks. Just to make sure, to declare a statistically NON-significant
random effect variance component, the lower bound of the CI must be EXACTLY
"0", right?

Tha is, for example, a CI like: [.0002, .14] is a statistically significant
random-effect variance component but one that perhaps borders a p-value of
relatively close to but smaller than .05, right?