[R-sig-ME] Testing Significance of Random Effects

Fri Mar 12 15:59:54 CET 2021

   I wouldn't generally recommend removing random effects on the basis
of null-hypothesis significance testing ... but others on this list
might, e.g. Matuschek et al. https://arxiv.org/pdf/1511.01864.pdf
(section 2.4) suggest backward stepwise removal with an alpha-level of 0.2.

   Also see
https://bbolker.github.io/mixedmodels-misc/glmmFAQ.html#testing-significance-of-random-effects