[R-sig-ME] MCMCglmm interaction and posterior mode

Walid Crampton-Mawass w@||dm@w@@@10 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Mar 3 23:17:21 CET 2021

Hello Kamal,

One way to do this with MCMCglmm is to use the at.level() function. You can
determine for which level of your categorical variable you want the
interaction, ex. at.level(tactic,2):a.level(period,2):env.

However, in doing so you are only estimating the coefficient for that
specific interaction and ignoring the rest. That to me would seem a bit odd
given that for the 2-way interactions you are still including the other
levels, but of course it depends on what assumptions you are making for
your model.

and regarding automating the computation of the posterior mean, I think
(not sure though) that the broom package offers some wrap functions for
MCMCglmm and computing posterior estimates.

Good luck
--
Walid Crampton-Mawass
Ph.D. candidate in Evolutionary Biology