[R-sig-ME] MCMCglmm covariance matrix specification

Walid Crampton-Mawass w@||dm@w@@@10 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Feb 24 22:22:48 CET 2021

Hi Jarrod,

Actually, I do have a shared pedigree and the cross-env covariances were
estimable. The goal of this analysis is to see if precision improves in any
way if I can set cross-env covariances to zero using the initial way my
matrices were constructed which is simply: ~us(env:trait):animal - which
includes cross-env covariances

I will try your proposal and get back to you. Though, I am thinking that a
model that does include cross-env covariances in my covariance matrix would
be a better choice so as to analyse cross-env genetic correlations (unless
I can still do that with your approach)

Thanks!
--
Walid Crampton-Mawass