[R-sig-ME] P-values of averaged mixed model parameters in MuMIn

Vitor Vieira Vasconcelos v|tor@v@v @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jan 19 03:54:56 CET 2021

  Hi,
  Our research team is using the MuMIn package, and we got in doubt about
how it calculates probability values (p-values) for the averaged
coefficients of the respective resulting averaged models. In our case, we
are averaging generalized linear mixed models of the glmmTMB package. In
the details of the par.avg() function, I understood how the unconditional
standard errors are calculated, but I could not find there (neither in the
provided references) how the p-values are calculated.
    We are aware that p-values in generalized linear mixed models has been
a controversial topic, but we also noted that calculating p-values from
simulation or bootstrapping has becoming increasingly popular.
     We would be immensely grateful if anyone could provide us some
information about how the p-values are calculated in this context in MuMIn
package.

Best regards,
Vitor Vieira Vasconcelos
55-31-99331-1593