[R-sig-ME] Finding interval with negligible linear trend

Maarten Jung jungm@@rten @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Dec 14 16:51:23 CET 2020

Dear list,

I have time course data with many data points per subject over time and
want to dertermine the interval in which my dependent variable lies
within given equivalence bounds around a zero (linear) trend.
I thought about using lme4::lmer() (or the like) for fitting a linear
mixed model with (possibly orthogonal) polynomials in time as fixed
effects and the corresponding by-subject random intercept and slopes to
(i) get a (simultaneous) 90% confidence band for the regression function
and (ii) then determine the interval in which this confindence band lies
within the equivalence bounds.
But I'm not exactely sure whether this is a reasonable approach and if
so how I could do this in R.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Maarten