[R-sig-ME] What to do with zero inflated, negative skewed, negative data: a question about GLMMs

Thierry Onkelinx th|erry@onke||nx @end|ng |rom |nbo@be
Mon Nov 30 08:50:49 CET 2020

Dear Gabriella,

I'd try to fit a single model to the data.The response seems continuous to
me. So I'd try a Gaussian distribution. You might need to fit a different
variance for each of the questions.

library(nlme)
lme(sentiment ~ question + age + (1|patient))
lme(sentiment ~ question + age + (1|patient), weight = VarIdent(form = ~
1|question))

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Statisticus / Statistician

Vlaamse Overheid / Government of Flanders
INSTITUUT VOOR NATUUR- EN BOSONDERZOEK / RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR NATURE AND
FOREST
Team Biometrie & Kwaliteitszorg / Team Biometrics & Quality Assurance
thierry.onkelinx using inbo.be
Havenlaan 88 bus 73, 1000 Brussel
www.inbo.be

~ John Tukey