[R-sig-ME] Pulling specific parameters from models to prevent exhausting memory.

Ades, James j@de@ @end|ng |rom he@|th@uc@d@edu
Mon Oct 19 06:50:57 CEST 2020

Thanks, Cesko. I'll look into BAM.

James
________________________________
From: Voeten, C.C. <c.c.voeten using hum.leidenuniv.nl>
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2020 1:16 AM
To: Ades, James <jades using health.ucsd.edu>; r-sig-mixed-models using r-project.org <r-sig-mixed-models using r-project.org>
Subject: RE: Pulling specific parameters from models to prevent exhausting memory.

Hi James,

You may have luck using mgcv::bam instead of lme4. It can also fit random-slopes models and is optimized for "big data", in terms of memory usage and computational efficiency. The modeling syntax is slightly different, though; the correct translation of lme4 random effects into mgcv's s(...,bs='re') terms depends on whether timepoint.nu is a covariate or a factor.

HTH,
Cesko