[R-sig-ME] blmer(), minimum amount of prior to get a model to converge

Sun Oct 4 03:36:34 CEST 2020

   Thanks Vincent.

   FWIW it would make me really happy if people distinguished clearly
between

* "singular/nonsingular" - an issue with the 'true' best estimate, i.e.
whether the MLE for the variance-covariance matrix of the REs is
positive definite vs. being only positive *semi*definite

* "converged/nonconverged" - a question of whether we think the
numerical optimization has worked correctly or not

   cheers
    Ben Bolker