[R-sig-ME] [EXTERNAL] mixed model with recapture data

Leandro Rabello Monteiro |rmont @end|ng |rom uen|@br
Fri Sep 25 19:38:21 CEST 2020

Dear Tom
Thanks a lot for your comments.
1:The lesion types are indeed ordered from L0 (no lesion) to L2 (the
most severe). They can sometimes revert from one state to another, but
mostly between L0 and L1, and it was common in L2 for the arm band to
be removed, after which they would heal (we know because we had double
marking with necklaces in some of the individuals).

Maybe a multistate mark recapture model would allow an estimate of the
transition probabilities between lesion states and the effect of SMI
as a covariate, but the approach you suggested might be easier to
implement. Will look into it, thanks.

2: Yes, NR is working as a baseline and I made sure that it is the first level.

Best regards,
Leandro

Leandro R. Monteiro
Laboratorio de Ciencias Ambientais
Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
E-mail: lrmont using uenf.br
CV Lattes: http://lattes.cnpq.br/4987216474124557
WS: https://sites.google.com/uenf.br/ecol-evolucao-de-mamiferos/
English WS: https://sites.google.com/uenf.br/mammalecologyandevolution/