[R-sig-ME] glmer / MuMin : Error in asMethod(object) : not a positive definite matrix

Fri Aug 28 16:37:43 CEST 2020

    Pretty hard to debug without a reproducible example (and an 8-day
run time isn't going to help ...)

   The error message comes ultimately from the Matrix package (the error
message is found in the "dspMatrix" → "dppMatrix" and "dsyMatrix" →
"dpoMatrix" coercion methods).  If you run traceback() **immediately**
after getting the error message, we might get a little bit more information.

   What are the warnings?

  If you've got multiple cores, using pdredge() might decrease your
run-time.

   I don't know how to tell dredge() to use a try()-clause or equivalent
to skip over models that have problems.