[R-sig-ME] ONLINE COURSE – Introduction to mixed models using R and Rstudio (IMMR02)

Oliver Hooker o||verhooker @end|ng |rom pr@t@t|@t|c@@com
Mon Aug 3 21:23:47 CEST 2020

ONLINE COURSE – Introduction to mixed models using R and Rstudio
(IMMR02) This course will be delivered live

https://www.psstatistics.com/course/introduction-to-mixed-models-using-r-and-rstudio-immr02/

6 August 2020 - 7 August 2020

TIME ZONE – Western European Time +1 – however all sessions will be
recorded and made available allowing attendees from different time
zones to follow a day behind with an additional 1/2 days support after
the official course finish date (please email
oliverhooker using psstatistics.com for full details or to discuss how we
can accommodate you).

Course Overview:

In this two day course, we provide a comprehensive practical and
theoretical introduction to multilevel models, also known as
hierarchical or mixed effects models. We will focus primarily on
multilevel linear models, but also cover multilevel generalized linear
models. Likewise, we will also describe Bayesian approaches to
multilevel modelling. On Day 1, we will begin by focusing on random
effects multilevel models. These models make it clear how multilevel
models are in fact models of models. In addition, random effects
models serve as a solid basis for understanding mixed effects, i.e.
fixed and random effects, models. In this coverage of random effects,
we will also cover the important concepts of statistical shrinkage in
the estimation of effects, as well as intraclass correlation. We then
proceed to cover linear mixed effects models, particularly focusing on
varying intercept and/or varying slopes regresssion models. On Day 2,
we cover further aspects of linear mixed effects models, including
multilevel models for nested and crossed data data, and group level
predictor variables. On Day 2, we also cover Bayesian approaches to
multilevel levels using the brms R package.

Please email oliverhooker using psstatistics.com with any questions

--
Oliver Hooker PhD.
PR statistics

2020 publications;
Parallelism in eco-morphology and gene expression despite variable
evolutionary and genomic backgrounds in a Holarctic fish. PLOS
GENETICS (2020). IN PRESS

www.PRstatistics.com
facebook.com/PRstatistics/
twitter.com/PRstatistics