[R-sig-ME] MCMCglmm Contrasting h2 in univariate and bivariate model

Walid Crampton-Mawass w@||dm@w@@@10 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Apr 29 22:02:52 CEST 2020

Hello Cameron,

Based on what you have sent, I can comment on a few things that might help.

1- the second model you are using is not a bivariate model since you only
have a single response variable. What you have constructed is a univariate
model with a random interaction, in your case its the interaction of the
random term animal with the treatment variable which I presume has only two
levels since you specified a 2x2 matrix for the random term.

2- You have different priors between the two models since you fixed the
residual term to 1 which is not needed here since you are modeling the same
response variable leaf with a Gaussian distribution. This could explain the
differences you got in the heritability estimates.

3- is there a reasoning for using trunc=TRUE in your second model?

hope this helps to clear things up for you and good luck
--
Walid Mawass
Ph.D. student in Evolutionary Biology