[R-sig-ME] Precision about the glmer model for Bernoulli variables

Emmanuel Curis emm@nue|@cur|@ @end|ng |rom p@r|@de@c@rte@@|r
Tue Apr 21 11:19:21 CEST 2020

Thanks for all this details about correlation.

Just to be clear about the nomenclature: when a model is called
« A-B », A is for the cumulative distribution function used as link
between pi and the linear predictor including the random effect(s) or
its reciprocal, and B is for the distribution of random effect(s), is
this right?

If this is right, for the « double binomial », it would mean that the
link function is a step function, and not a monotonous strictly
increasing function. Since it would then not be a bijection between R
and [0,1], doesn't it introduce indetermination and strong constraints
on the possible values of pi? I guess I'm wrongly interpreting what
means « double binomial ».

Sorry for this naive questions, I'm discovering the field...

Best regards,