[R-sig-ME] Emmeans & effects packages: Post-hoc tests for Tweedie glmmTMB model

Fox, John j|ox @end|ng |rom mcm@@ter@c@
Fri Apr 17 23:03:38 CEST 2020

Dear Niall,

I've not seen applications of GLMMs using the Tweedie Family, but don't see why that should matter. The "effects" computed by the functions in the effects package are linear functions of the estimated fixed-effects parameters, and their asymptotic standard errors are computed from the estimated covariance matrix of the fixed effects. The default (asymptotic) confidence intervals are computed pointwise and so don't adjust for simultaneous inference, but there is an option to compute Scheffe intervals.

By the way, the fixed-effects part of your model is more compactly Shoot.weight ~ N.Level*Rhiz*Species.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox, Professor Emeritus
McMaster University