[R-sig-ME] [FORGED] warning error question

Salvador SANCHEZ COLON @@|v@dor@@nchezco|on @end|ng |rom prod|gy@net@mx
Tue Mar 24 05:50:53 CET 2020

Indeed, we have seen the sort of useful advice that you provide:

"...Please DO NOT confuse RStudio with R. RStudio is simply an interfacethat allows those mentally handicapped people who can only use GUIs to
access R. :-)..."

Thanks for that.

Salvador SÁNCHEZ-COLÓN

En Lun, 23 Marzo, 2020 en 22:27, Rolf Turner <r.turner using auckland.ac.nz> escribió:

Para: Salvador SANCHEZ COLON
Cc: r-sig-mixed-models using r-project.org
On 24/03/20 2:23 pm, Salvador SANCHEZ COLON wrote:

> Dear Profr. Bolker,
>

> Thanks so much for your intervention. In my view, what is really
> shameful is this sort of bullying, unnecesarily rude, offensive
> time to respond to a silly, trivial or ill posed question, nobody
> obliges me to respond...but there is no need either for me to send
> out a rude, patronizing raprimend. What if the problem stems from our
> having to cope not only with a complex statistical issue, but also
> the foreign language barrier?
>

> With all due respect.

With all due respect, I think that any reasonable person would agree
that *I* am the one getting bullied here. At least I gave the OP some
useful advice, which is more than I am getting from you.

I think it is shameful for you to bully me for insisting on a bit of
clarity and a bit of consideration for those from whom help is requested.

What on earth does a language barrier have to do with writing glm() when
glmer() is what is needed? That's the *R* language, which we are all
supposed to speak on this list!

cheers,

Rolf

--