[R-sig-ME] MCMCglmm Prior for a Binary Trait with a Random Interaction w/ "animal"

Jarrod j@h@d||e|d @end|ng |rom ed@@c@uk
Sun Mar 8 05:08:24 CET 2020

Hi,

You have specified rcov=~us(treatment):units but any one observation can only be associated with one treatment, so the covariance can’t be estimated. Since the residual variance is also non-identifiable in binary models, you should use the default ~units.

Jarrod