[R-sig-ME] MCMCglmm Prior for a Binary Trait with a Random Interaction w/ "animal"

Pierre de Villemereuil p|erre@de@v|||emereu|| @end|ng |rom m@||oo@org
Fri Feb 28 09:44:39 CET 2020

Hi Cameron,

Both V and alpha.V are matrices and should be of same dimensions (which seems to be 2 in your case?).

A long time ago, I wrote a script to be able to visualise the prior distributions in the mono- and multivariate case of the extended parameters. I'm afraid it's not in the best shape as I wrote it quickly, but maybe it can help:
https://github.com/devillemereuil/prior-MCMCglmm/blob/master/priors.R

(Note that this script assumes only the second trait is binomial for the multivariate case, but you can change this easily by setting fix = 1 instead of fix = 2).

I don't guarantee that keeping nu = 1000 for the multivariate case is the best solution (or even a sane one, as it could be extremely informative on the covariances), so using the script to visualise the priors, especially for the correlations might be a good idea.

Hope this helps,
Pierre.