[R-sig-ME] glmer not supported class for vuong()closeness test (non-nested models)

Souheyla GHEBGHOUB @ouhey|@@ghebghoub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Feb 7 11:25:47 CET 2020

Hi,

I need to compare non-nested models fitted to the same DV using vuong()
closeness test in pscl package. It appears that the test only supports glm
class but not mixed models glmer.  I would like to retain glmer because my
random effects explain much of the variation but vuong does not support it!

Should I simply ignore the random effects at this point since they will be
equally removed from both compared models in this sig test, is there a way
to force the test to support this glmer class?

Thanks a lot for your time reading/answering this,

Souheyla GHEBGHOUB
4th year PhD student
Education department - Research Centre for Social Science
University of York