[R-sig-ME] Error with nlme and varFixed

biii m@iii@g oii de@@ey@ws biii m@iii@g oii de@@ey@ws
Wed Jan 29 21:20:40 CET 2020

Hello,

When trying to fit an NLME model using a vector of varFixed, I get an error
that appears to be related to a multiplication issue at this line of code:

https://github.com/cran/nlme/blob/c006dfa23ad390948a74e67978a9828a6d60d89b/R
/varFunc.R#L169

Is the below a bug or am I inaccurately applying varFixed (or something
else)?

Here is a reproducible example:

library(nlme)

d <-

  data.frame(

    obs=rnorm(n=97), # 97 chosen because it's prime and therefore can't be
the size of a rectangular matrix

    groups=rep(c("A", "B"), each=50)[1:97],

    wt=abs(rnorm(n=97))

  )

nlme(

  obs~b,

  fixed=b~1,

  random=b~1|groups,

  weights=varFixed(~wt),

 start=c(b=0),

  data=d

)

Which gets the error:

Error in recalc.varFunc(object[[i]], conLin) :

  dims [product 12] do not match the length of object [97]

In addition: Warning message:

In conLin$Xy * varWeights(object) :

  longer object length is not a multiple of shorter object length

Thanks,

Bill