[R-sig-ME] Need help on convergence issue when fitting zero-inflated Poisson with random coefficients using gamlss

Thu Jan 23 20:28:55 CET 2020

    Since the proximal problem looks like (guessing from the error
messages) a call to the nlminb optimizer within a call to lme is
running out of iterations before converging, I'd try to see if there
is a way to set the number of parameters higher.  Unfortunately, I
don't know how to do this off the top of my head (a brief review of
the gamlss documentation didn't get me anywhere, and I haven't had
time to dig through the code to see if/how this is possible) ...

   There are other packages that are capable of fitting mixed ZIP
models (e.g. https://journal.r-project.org/archive/2017/RJ-2017-066/index.html
 shows examples using glmmTMB, inla, MCMCglmm, gamlss, ...) in case
you can't solve the problem with gamlss (and you aren't stuck using
gamlss for other reasons)

  cheers
   Ben Bolker