[R-sig-ME] Effect sizes for mixed-effects models

David Duffy D@v|d@Du||y @end|ng |rom q|mrbergho|er@edu@@u
Fri Oct 11 01:34:32 CEST 2019

> we want to derive the variance related to Cohen’s d for a mixed-subjects design with some participant conducting a task
> only in the control condition and other participants conducting the task in the control and in the experimental condition
> (within-subjects design).

> [...] we only have access to parts of the raw data-sets

Do you have the raw data or appropriate summary statistics from this mixed-subjects study? Could you get it? I think the "usual" approach would be to use a conservative lower bound for the effective sample size.

Cheers, David Duffy.