[R-sig-ME] Export several lme outputs to a single excel file

Emmanuel Curis emm@nue|@cur|@ @end|ng |rom p@r|@de@c@rte@@|r
Wed Sep 25 22:55:48 CEST 2019

Dear Mario,

Since anova( ) results are basically data.frames, a simple way could
be to add a column to identify the model, then row-bind the results.

Something like (using examples in the lme man page)

# First model
fm1 <- lme(distance ~ age, data = Orthodont)
anova( fm1 ) -> r1
r1$Md <- 1

# Second model
fm2 <- lme(distance ~ age + Sex, data = Orthodont, random = ~ 1)
anova( fm2 ) -> r2
r2$Md <- 2

# Bind results
r <- rbind( r1, r2 )

# Export
write.xlsx( r, "your_file.xlsx" )

For more model, can be adapted with do.call( rbind, list_of_results)
and either a for or lapply to generate the additional
columns... Depends on how you obtain your several models.

Best regards,

NB: note that, to avoid duplicate row names, terms with the same name
will be incremented - see the results of the example above.  You can
avoid this by explicely add the term names in the data.frame ---
r1$Terms <- rownames( r1 ) --- and removing the row names of the final
result.