[R-sig-ME] empirical bayes shrinkage

Andrew Robinson @pro @end|ng |rom un|me|b@edu@@u
Sat Sep 14 00:41:01 CEST 2019

Geoff Robinson�s �That BLUP is a good thing� statistical science IIRC should not be missed!

Andrew

--
Andrew Robinson
Director, CEBRA, School of BioSciences
Reader & Associate Professor in Applied Statistics Tel: (+61) 0403 138 955
School of Mathematics and Statistics Fax: (+61) 03 8344 4599
University of Melbourne, VIC 3010 Australia
Email: apro using unimelb.edu.au
Website: http://cebra.unimelb.edu.au/
________________________________
From: R-sig-mixed-models <r-sig-mixed-models-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of John Poe <jdpoe223 using gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2019 8:33:49 AM
To: r-sig-mixed-models using r-project.org <r-sig-mixed-models using r-project.org>
Subject: [R-sig-ME] empirical bayes shrinkage

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a set of lecture notes for my multilevel modeling courses
and I'm trying to track down papers on random effects shrinkage.
Specifically, if you know of anything that contrasts fully bayesian
hierarchical models to empirical bayes shrinkage to unbiased or
unregularized random effects without partial pooling that would be
extremely helpful. Anything on the subject at all would be great though!

Thanks!