[R-sig-ME] Extracting Lv 1 and Lv 2 residuals: lmer

Daniel P Moriarity tu|98250 @end|ng |rom temp|e@edu
Mon Aug 19 20:36:12 CEST 2019

Good afternoon,

I e-mailed one of the authors of the residuals function (see below) and
they said that they could not remember but suggested e-mailing this mailing
list. Any help would be appreciated!

"I am attempting to extract the Lv 1 and Lv 2 from an lmer model using the
below syntax, but no matter what I change the "level" to, the resulting
objects are identical. Do either of you have the time to specify how to
change this specifier to extract Lv1 and Lv2 residuals? Thank you.

model1 <- CRP_Dep_Model2 <-lmer(Y ~ X+C+(1|ID), data = Data)

residuals(model1, level = 0:1)

https://astrostatistics.psu.edu/su07/R/html/nlme/html/residuals.lme.html "

My best,
Daniel

Doctoral Student, Clinical Area
Mood and Cognition Lab
Department of Psychology
Temple University
1701 North 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122
daniel.moriarity using temple.edu <hannah.frank using temple.edu>

*WARNING: This e-mail may contain material that is confidential and is for
the sole use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.  There are no
guarantees that electronic communications are secure and protected.*