[R-sig-ME] mgcv gam/bam model selection with random effects and AR terms

varin sacha v@r|n@@ch@ @end|ng |rom y@hoo@|r
Sat Jul 20 08:19:55 CEST 2019

Hi,
According to Kneib & Greven (biometrika 2010)

« the corrected version of the conditional AIC was developed exactly with the goal of allowing for sensible model selection in mixed models. For the marginal AIC we did not find a proper correction, so we would in general not recommend this in its current form. »

« We have recently developed an R package called cAIC4 (https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/cAIC4/index.html) that should be a good starting point (also beyond Gaussian mixed effects models). »

Best
Sacha Varin

Envoyé de mon iPhone