[R-sig-ME] convergence issues on lme4 and incoherent error messages

Cristiano Alessandro cr|@@|e@@@ndro @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jun 13 16:28:08 CEST 2019

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regarding "centering and scaling". I am not familiar with this; I will
check this out. But the predictor variables are all categorical with "sum"
coding; I am not sure what it means to center and scale a categorical
variable. Is there a theory behind this or a text I could look at?

Best
Cristiano