[R-sig-ME] convergence: nearly unidentifiable: very large eigenvalue-Rescale variables?

Souheyla GHEBGHOUB @ouhey|@@ghebghoub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Apr 18 15:22:55 CEST 2019

Hi Phillip,

Yes. Duration is a predictor for 28 words. So there are 28 values for
duration, in a range of 0 to 400, e.g. c(0, 10, 0, 320, 8, 35, 2, 400, 10,
2, 0..).
Yes, I applied log() since its a duration in seconds, but values of 0
turned to infin values does the model did not recognise.
I used scale() , though the model converged but it resulted in certain
negative values for duration, I found that the scaling made the values
quite close, no much difference between them and I am worried to what
extent this affects my hypothesis testing that the duration should have an
effect on DV ? I found no significant effect could this be due to scale()
function?

Thank you very much,
Souheyla