[R-sig-ME] Random effects in multinomial regression in R?

Uanhoro, James u@nhoro@1 @end|ng |rom buckeyem@||@o@u@edu
Fri Mar 22 23:02:06 CET 2019

In standard regression models, the assumption is predictor variables are measured without error. Test scores will have measurement error, hence Doran's comment when test scores are used as covariates. See: Hausman, J. (2001). Mismeasured Variables in Econometric Analysis: Problems from the Right and Problems from the Left. Journal of Economic Perspectives, 15(4), 57–67. https://doi.org/10.1257/jep.15.4.57
I will note that many practitioners ignore this issue, and it is quite common to use predictors measured with error. Consider the number of times people use polychotomized income measures, or SES measures as predictors, or some other "construct".