[R-sig-ME] NaN output from mcse on a glmm model

Adriaan De Jong Adr|@@n@de@Jong @end|ng |rom @|u@@e
Sat Feb 2 11:30:39 CET 2019

Dear Ben, Dear David,
Thanks for your information and suggestions.
I removed the cluster part of the script, but the mcse function continues to produce NaN's only. I'll continue along the steps suggested by Ben and report.
The mcse evaluation is important because I have no a priori information about the required number of iterations. If I cannot find my way around the mcse function problem, I may just rerun the script a couple of times with increasing m to see how things develop. If the estimates remain stable, I may choose to trust the highest level iterations. The fact that David's output for m=100 is very similar to mine with m=10000 is reassuring.
Cheers,
Adjan

-----Original Message-----
From: David Duffy [mailto:David.Duffy using qimrberghofer.edu.au]
Sent: den 2 februari 2019 00:42
To: Ben Bolker <bbolker using gmail.com>; Adriaan De Jong <Adriaan.de.Jong using slu.se>
Cc: R-sig-mixed-models using r-project.org
Subject: RE: [R-sig-ME] NaN output from mcse on a glmm model

I ran it as a single instance ie no makeCluster(), with m=100, and it seems OK

Fixed Effects:
                   Estimate Std. Error z value Pr(>|z|)
(Intercept)         3.48177    0.02022 172.180   <2e-16 ***
StatusConstruction  0.01733    0.02357   0.735   0.4621
StatusReady         0.04639    0.02258   2.054   0.0399 *
StatusTrafic        0.02267    0.02192   1.034   0.3010

Variance Components for Random Effects (P-values are one-tailed):
     Estimate Std. Error z value Pr(>|z|)/2
Site  0.06095    0.02419    2.52    0.00587 **

With glmer VC is 0.06088, and with another MCMC package, 0.066, SE=0.028

So maybe the clustering code?

Cheers, David Duffy.