[R-sig-ME] NaN output from mcse on a glmm model

Fri Feb 1 18:26:05 CET 2019

  I can confirm this on my system. I looked and nothing obviously
fishy pops out about the model or the data. Inside the mcvcov()
function, after calling the C-code guts of the computation, stuff[[4]]
(the "numsum" component of the list passed to the C code) is full of
Inf and NaN values.  If I were you I'd (1) try a couple of very simple
examples, one with bernoulli and one with poisson data, to support
your idea that there's something wrong with the Poisson case; (2) look
around for examples of people using the package, e.g.
<https://scholar.google.ca/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=knudson+glmm&btnG=>,
and see if there are Poisson examples; (3) contact the maintainer ...